Monday, December 7, 2009

Mail call: The Usual Suspects

Mail call time!  I know I've been updating about once a week in frequency now, but I've been busy.  Also, I have been trying to save more money (somewhat succeeding).  Girlfriend is watching "Alice" on SyFy.  Here are some cards I received in snail mail the past week.  Got the usual suspects:


1996-97 Skybox Z-Force, Steve Nash Zebut rookie card.  Took forever to find this at a reasonable price.  Compared to some of the listings on eBay I got this for a steal!  You can see my other Nash rooks here and here.


The Yao Ming height collection continues!  My total number of Yao relic cards is now at 8 with these two.  17 more to go!  On left: 07-08 SP Game Used, on right: 03-04 Fleer Showcase.

 
Two more Hideo Nomo jerseys for the collection.  Dunno why but Nomo's relic cards always look really cool to me.  I usually dislike Donruss, but I dig Playoff branded cards.  They look modern and sleek without being cheesy.  Top: 2002 Fleer Genuine.  Shiny!  Bottom: 2004 Playoff Honors, #'d 215/250.


 2008 Ballpark Collection, Hong Chih Kuo and Kenji Johjima dual swatch jersey, #196.  I have desired this card for quite a while... partly because Kuo is my favorite player and partly because I wanted a Johjima relic.  Most Ballpark card pairings don't make a lick of sense; it is nice when the combo is of players you want or like though.

Going to cook some food.  I busted another box of 2009 Topps T206, so I will post the hits from that - as well as some short-prints from the set - in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment