Thursday, February 11, 2010

2009 Bowman Sterling box break (whole box, this time)

I have a redemption from Topps waiting for me at the post office.  Do you usually have to physically go to the post office to pick up certified mail?  I've never been sent anything certified, so I have no idea.  I shall post it when I get it.  Hint: 2009 Triple Threads, Arizona D'backs.

I busted this box of 2009 Bowman Sterling about a week or so ago (got it from Blowout Cards).  Procrastination!  I couldn't find where I put the base cards.  Granted, I did not try very hard in searching for them.  But, for your viewing pleasure, here are the "hits":

From top left, clockwise: Daniel Schlereth (now of the Detroit Tigers), Gordon Beckham (!), Ryan Perry, Jiovanni Mier, Drew Storen, and AJ Pollock (again... I pulled a gold version of his auto from the half-box I previously opened).

You know the drill, top left, clockwise: Mike Leake, Mike Minor (the only refractor of the bunch - gold, to boot), Pat Venditte (Yankees!, his nickname should be "Vendetta"), Tommy Mendonca, Scott Campbell, Rinku Singh (one of two Indian players in the MLB, both of them pitchers).

 Some World Baseball Classic relics.  Left to right: Bernie Williams (Yay-nkees!), Frederich Cepeda, and Fei Feng.  The Bernie is a refractor #'d to 199.

More WBC.  L to R: Fu-Te Ni (yea!), Hein Robb, and Shinnosuke Abe.  Hein Robb is a refractor #'d to 199 as well.

Yu Darvish!  This was the box topper.  Pretty stoked when I pulled it.  Blue refractor #'d to 125.  Think he'll come to the US?

I signed up for fantasy baseball on Yahoo! Sports.  My only prior foray into fantasy sports was fubar (it was English Premier League soccer, ahem).  I created two teams - one is already drafted and I am waiting on the other one.  My roster is quite... odd.  It will probably be intensely interesting for the first two weeks, then I will remember that I have a pile of chores and errands need doing and drift off.  Also, some prick took Mariano Rivera and Jonathan Broxton as their two allotted relief pitchers.  Any bloggers want to start our own league through Yahoo?

Bills need paying and I don't have as much time to peruse eBay and CoMC lately, but I would still like to buy a hobby box this weekend.  It will help me keep grounded and relatively sane.  Even though I dislike Donruss (Panini) cards, I was thinking about trying a box of 2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition.  I blame 2009 Bowman Sterling, a release to which I am now addicted.  Elite Extra Edition seems very similar and is much cheaper.  Besides, Donruss does not seem so bad now, especially since Upper Deck so thoroughly infuriated me.  Also, I was considering buying a box of 2007 SP Rookie Edition (curse you, Upper Deck) to scrounge for some Tim Lincecum rookies.  I traded my sole, original Lincecum rookie for some questionable cards; I kind of regret it.  Plus, when you live in the SF Bay Area, Lincecum rookies are gold.  Want to guess what people up here usually say to me when they find out that I am Dodgers fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment