Friday, February 5, 2010

Curse you, Upper Deck!

Call me crazy but isn't the point of customer care to facilitate the retention of customers?  How does this...

 

 ...equate with this?
 

And, here is the lovely letter UD sent to me:


Really, Upper Deck?  Thanks.  Thanks for helping me to the best of your ability.  This is what I imagine their ineffectual and condescending customer care people were thinking when they were trying to assist me:

"How dare!  How dare this loyal customer purchase one of our products expecting to get what he paid for!  Even though we should have had the Sweet Spot 'hit' card in the pack in the first place - instead, replacing an actual card with a ludicrous placeholder to cover for our abortive quality control and utter lack of respect for consumers - we will give this sucker some bullshit, non-equivalent replacement.  See if he tries to pull this shit and ask us for stuff ever again!"

Such unscrupulous business practices.  Such disappointment.  So insulting.  I sincerely hope this company tanks.  I get enraged every time I read about how other bloggers and collectors are screwed over by these card companies.  Now it has happened to me personally, and you can very well imagine how I feel.

Now, what to do with this card?

1 comment:

  1. "Sorry we couldn't get you that big mean Barrel slice with Frddy's signature...so here's an SUPER excellent swatch of Mikey Young for your collection. Take this home and show it to Mommy and Daddy - VOTE MCCAIN/PALIN!!!"

    ReplyDelete