Sunday, December 12, 2010

Black Friday box breaks: 2010 UFC and 2010 Leaf MMA

Here we go again!  More Black Friday goodness.  I got two boxes of 2010 Topps UFC Series 4and one of 2010 Leaf MMA.  The main draw of Leaf MMA is getting non-UFC mixed martial arts fighter signatures (though you do get quite a few former and current UFC fighters in the product regardless).  However, 2010 UFC is still a far superior release because of the value, variety, and fun (though the same can't be said for Topps' quality control at times).  Both MMA sets have issues with their softer, easily damaged card stock.

*2010 UFC Series 4:

2010 UFC
Oh Tito.  Fighter-worn gear of "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy."  I also pulled a Jon Jones relic that I put up on eBay earlier today.  I know many people dislike Tito, but I still like him better than Jones.

2010 UFC
On left: Paulo Thiago event-used octagon mat, just barely two-color.  I keep forgetting to look at the card backs to see what event the relics are from.  I'm assuming Thiago's is from UFC 106 because the picture is of him putting his fist into Jacob Volkmann's face.  Right: Jim Miller mat.  Miller had an awesome win over the super-hyped Charles Oliveira last night.  USA!

2010 UFC
On left: Tom "Filthy" Lawlor base autograph.  Right: Dan Miller base auto.  I actually picked up the same Lawlor auto on eBay not too long ago, but it was an onyx parallel #'d to 88.  Dan Miller (brother of Jim Miller above) also picked up a win last night.  Good for them!  Also, I would like to mention that Michael Bisping is a douche, because I feel like I don't say it enough.

2010 UFC
On left: Diego Sanchez, onyx parallel autograph #'d to 88.  Right: Junior Dos Santos base auto.  Sweet pulls.  Diego Sanchez is insane.  I CAN NOT WAIT FOR JUNIOR DOS SANTOS vs. CAIN VELASQUEZ.  Had to type it in all caps.  Must... see... it...

*2010 Leaf MMA:

2010 Leaf MMA
Hey, this looks familiar.  I also pulled a "Minotauro" auto from my very first box of 2010 UFC ever.  Sweet.  Maybe I'll sell this one.

2010 Leaf MMA
"Showdowns" Purple dual autograph of Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga and Rodgrio Damm, #'d 18/25.  Dunno know why they called this "Showdowns"... to the best of my knowledge I don't think Gonzaga and Damm ever fought against each other - in either MMA or BJJ.  Cool card, nevertheless.  I've been trying forever to try and obtain a Gonzaga autograph online; but what do you know, I actually pulled one from a box break.

I pulled 6 other base autographs from this box of Leaf MMA, and those have all been listed on eBay.  Next time: 2010 Upper Deck baseball.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... those are some nice pulls... I especially like the Diego Sanchez... he's one of the reasons I started watching UFC. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea man, "Nightmare" is awesome. Literally seems a bit nutty, though. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... he's gotten weirder over the years.

    ReplyDelete