Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mail call: Hey Boo-Boo

Well, not that Yogi.  Hope I didn't sound super negative in my previous post. I did, in fact, enjoy busting Ultimate. Here's some recent acquisitions:

IBblog_07UDBlack_NickSwisherProdigiousauto_IAJCgroupbreak

I got this one from my first ever group break (I Am Joe Collector).  2007 UD Black, Nick Swisher auto.  I also have a gold version of this, though I think I like this one more because it is clean and pristine - untouched by eBay and multiple collectors.

IBblog_08AG_TomGlavinejersey
2008 A&G, Tom Glavine jersey relic.  Glavine was one of my favorite pitchers as a kid (along with Orel Hershiser, Ramon Martinez, and Hideo Nomo).  I got this in a trade with my local card guy; traded lame Giants for cool stuff!

IBblog_2010Update_HongChihKuoAllStarjersey
2010 Update, Hong-Chih Kuo All-Star workout jersey.  Vote Kuo for 2010 Setup Man of the Year: here!  I actually have two of these, so if anyone's interested...?

IBblog_07Exquisite_HughesKuodualauto35
2007 Exquisite, Dual Signatures of Hong-Chih Kuo and Phil Hughes.  I have been trying for the longest time (since I started collecting again) to get one of these.  Finally, yes!

IBblog_10TripleThreads_TrevorCahill75
2010 Triple Threads, Trevor Cahill jerseys-auto.  This one is numbered to 75.  But, really, the numbering is so arbitrary on these (unless it's the cards with patches) because essentially all the ones numbered to 99, 75, or 50 - probably even 25 - are all pretty much the same.  I saw some of these #'d to 99 going for more than this one, numbered less.

IBblog_2010Update_RickyRomeroPPauto
2010 Update, Ricky Romero Peak Performance autograph.  This one was a redemption from a box of 2010 Updates I bought.  It came super quick, like two weeks or so.

IBblog_2010RingsideRoundOne_BobbyCzyzsilverauto
2010 Mecca Ringside Boxing, silver version Bobby Czyz auto.  This was really the only card from the set that I sought out since it was released.  Finally got it.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to own other cards from this release - there are some truly awesome cards with patches and legendary signatures galore.  Maybe I'll try out a box if the prices get under $100.  If you're interested, there's some good Czyz fights on YouTube.

IBblog_0809ToppsSig_YiJianlianRCauto6225
2008-09 Topps Signature, Yi Jianlian auto #'d to 6225.  Over six thousand!?  Are you kidding me?  He probably wasn't playing well because he messed up his hand signing all those stickers.  Anyhow, gotta rep the Chinese players.  I'd sure like a Yao autograph card.

IBblog_2010Update_YogiBerramanufbatbarrel
2010 Update, Yogi Berra manu-bat.  Or, man-bat?  I pulled this from a jumbo pack I bought at my local card shop.  This is a sweet card because I love old Yankees (and old-timers in general).  I would love to own an actual Yogi Berra jersey relic.  I know there's some mixed feelings regarding these man-bat cards, but I think I like them.  At least, I like them more than the manufactured hat logos.

PB203686_1
My friend gave me this card.  I've no clue what the hell it is, except that the card has a photo of Yogi Berra and that rules.  Sure smells old, like a well-worn library book.  Any idea what set it is from?

Peace out.  Got work in the morning.

Also, saw Darkest Hour on Sunday.  First time seeing them in 7 years.  It was sweeeeet.  Any card bloggers who are also metal fans out there?

1 comment:

  1. That Hong Chih Kuo All Star card is so cool. You have the best Kuo collection. You've got to show them all in a post one of these days.

    ReplyDelete