Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2010 Donruss Elite Extra Edition box break (Oakland-tastic)

For that matter, also very Red Sox-tastic.  I received the box on Monday.  I got a parking ticket today, so I wish I could go back to Monday and remind myself to buy a parking permit.  Life, sometimes...

Here are some inserts:

2010 Elite Extra: Inserts

2010 Elite Extra: Inserts

And here are the hits (got more than six!), roughly in order of how I pulled them:

2010 Elite Extra: Michael Choice
Sweet!  Michael Choice autograph, #'d 154/470.  On card goodness.  Go A's!

2010 Elite Extra: 36
Redemption for a manufactured patch autograph of Anthony Ranaudo (BoSox).  I was not sure who the card was of from looking at the included checklist, but I remember thinking - "I bet I got this Anthony Ranaudo chap."  Lo and behold, I check online and who do I get... yup.  39th pick of 2010.

2010 Elite Extra: Yordy Cabrera
Oakland again!  Yordy Cabrera auto, #'d 249/818.  Hm, already have a signature of Cabrera's from this set.  But this one is different!  YAY.

2010 Elite Extra: Matt Lipka
Matt Lipka auto, #'d 044/722.  35th pick of 2010, Atlanta Braves.

2010 Elite Extra: Erik Goeddel
Erik Goeddel auto, #'d 504/810.  The "E" in his signature sort of runs off the sticker.  Foul beast!  24th round of 2010 by the Mets.

2010 Elite Extra: Hector Noesi
Hector Noesi autograph, #'d 090/100.  Your 2011 Yankees 5th starter?

2010 Elite Extra: Matt Curry
Matt Curry ball leather Private Signings autograph, #'d 077/100.  I love baseball leather signatures.  16th Round, 477th Overall, 2010 by the Pirates.  Now if only this was a Zach Lee that I've been trying so hard to obtain...

Well, hope you enjoyed that.  Even though I had to look up half the players, Elite Extra is always a fun break to do.  It is moderately-priced, with lots of shine.

Tomorrow is Chinese New Years.  If I don't post tomorrow... Happy Chinese New Years!

12 comments:

  1. Why does it have to be the UCLA guy who has one of the worst signatures?

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He gives all Bruins a bad name.

    LAME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on. What are you studying?

    ReplyDelete
  4. History. Lots of reading, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I just read your profile box....hello there fellow history major!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, nice. I specialized in Modern Western Europe, turn of the 20th century to present. Are you going to write a thesis?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No thesis for me. Not yet at least haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice, especially the Choice pull

    I also really like those school colors cards

    ReplyDelete