Monday, February 7, 2011

The last great COMC haul (part 1)

PACKERS!

I decided to phase out my CheckOutMyCards account for the time being.  I used up my store credit, reclaimed some cards for eBay, and donated the rest of my unsold cards to charity.  Not sure what else to say.  I guess I was just getting tired of COMC... too much impulse buying and not enough positives about the site to keep it up.  Also, the website is so frustratingly slow and laggy that it becomes quite a chore to shop or manage inventory.  However, I did get some sweet cards:

IBblog_lastCOMC_4xrookiesSebastianJanikowski
On left: 2006 Bazooka 4-on-1 rookie stickers.  One-fourth of a Hong-Chih Kuo rookie card.  Shaun Marcum's cool too.  On right: 2000 Skybox Dominion, Sebastian Janikowski rookie.  Janikowski and Aaron Rodgers put my fantasy team over the top this past season.

IBblog_lastCOMC_HongChihKuoJamieHoffman
Left: 2010 Tupps, Hong-Chih Kuo gold parallel.  Right: 2006 Bowman Chrome Prospects, Jamie Hoffman x-fractor.

IBblog_lastCOMC_JohnElyTedLilly
Left: 2008 Justifiable, John Ely autograph.  Right: 2010 Tupps, Ted Lilly jersey.

IBblog_lastCOMC_JoshWillinghamJoshOutman
2010 T-206 Josh Willingham autograph, and 2009 T-206 Josh Outman rookie auto.

IBblog_lastCOMC_JoshDonaldsonJoeyDevine
2010 Chrome, Josh Donaldson rookie auto, and 2010 T-206 American Caramels Joey Devine auto.

IBblog_lastCOMC_TrystanMagnusonDavidDeJesus
On top: 2007 Donruss Elite Extra edition, Collegiate Patches, Trystan Magnuson auto #'d 107/248.  On bottom: 2004 Bowman Sterling, David DeJesus auto-relic.

IBblog_lastCOMC_SeanMarshall
2006 Upper Deck Future Stars, Sean Marshall rookie autograph.

IBblog_lastCOMC_TrevorHoffman
2005 Sweet Spot, Trevor Hoffman patch #'d 33/35.

IBblog_lastCOMC_2xHideoNomorooks
Here are two Hideo Nomo rookies.

IBblog_lastCOMC_HidekiMatsuirook
Hideki Matsui rookie.  2003 Fleer Authentix, #'d 0753/1,850.

IBblog_lastCOMC_DongHyunKim
2010 UFC Main Event, gold parallel of Dong Hyun Kim.  "I am Stun Gun, and I want GSP!"  This is my first and only card from Main Event.

IBblog_03UDYankees_JohnnyKucksauto IBblog_03UDYankees_JimmyKeyauto
IBblog_03UDYankees_DockEllisauto
Here's a trio of 2003 UD Pride of New York Yankees Signatures.  We've got Johnny Kucks, Jimmy Key, and Dock Ellis.  The Dock Ellis is particularly my favorite.  Mr. Key has an elegant scrawl.  Awesome Dock Ellis YouTube video here.

I've got some vintage from COMC for my next post.  Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. That Hoffman patch is insane, sick pickup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those 206 autos, nice cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg: Thanks! It was only $5.

    Nathan: I think I might like the 206 autos more than Ginter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys named Dong make me smile a little on the inside.
    Nice haul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Yankees stuff. Lovin' that Godzilla card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charles: Thanks man. I actually just traded away a double I had of that Godzilla card. That sucks, I totally would have sent it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traded it to a card shop, that is.

    ReplyDelete