Saturday, April 23, 2011

Christmas tree in July! (Featuring "Mean Joe" Greene.)

Or rather, football cards in April!  Keeps things fresh.  Minimal commentary on this one because I'm watching baseball.

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_2xboxes7523


I purchased two hobby boxes of 2010 Panini Crown Royale Football from Blowout Cards a month or two ago.  They arrived utterly crushed and decimated.  Chris at Blowout was cool enough to send me new boxes and reimbursed me for the return shipping on the smashed ones.  I forgot to take photographs, but... there was no way that all the cards were not damaged in some way.  Pretty bad.  The replacement boxes (and the cards contained within), however, were anything but:

*Box 1:

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_LivingLegends_WillieLanierjersey_190299
Willie Lanier, Living Legends jersey, #'d 190/299.

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_KingoftheNFL_MattFortepatch_3850
Matt Forte, Kings of the NFL patch, #'d 38/50.

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_rookie_JamesStarksauto_077249
James Starks rookie autograph, #'d 077/249.

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_RookieRoyalty_ColtMcCoyautorelic_2225
Colt McCoy, Rookie Royalty auto-relic, #'d 22/25.

*Box 2:

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_RookieRoyalty_MontarioHardestyjersey_136299
Montario Hardesty, Rookie Royalty jersey, #'d 136/299.  If you open a box of 2010 football cards, you are probably destined to pull a Hardesty relic or autograph.

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_LivingLegends_BruceSmithjersey_195299
Bruce Smith, Living Legends jersey, #'d 195/299.

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_rookie_JahvidBestauto_004299
Jahvid Best rookie auto, #'d 004/299.

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_LivingLegends_JoeGreeneauto_15
Joe Greene!  Living Legends signature, #'d 1/5.

IBblog_2010CrownRoyaleFB_LivingLegends_JoeGreeneauto_back
Back of the Mean Joe Greene card.  That is some pull!

This break was quite tremendous.  I have another two boxes on the way, but I doubt I can match this spread again.  Also, UPS is shoddy... so who knows when I'll get my packages.

I think the biggest part of why I now love Crown Royale is its amazing, flamboyant yet elegant designs.  They look - ahem - exquisite.

3 comments:

  1. Sick break!

    They don't wrap these boxes in bubble wrap? How do they get there so messed up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were in bubble wrap, but in a huge, flat box that got crushed. Also, the boxes are small so they were flying around in there - bubble wrap didn't help.

    ReplyDelete