Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2009 Bowman Sterling baseball half-box break

I bought three packs (so half a box) of 2009 Bowman Sterling baseball from my local card shop earlier after work; he also threw in the World Baseball Classic box topper for free.  Here's what I got:


Left: Miguel Cabrera of Venezuela WBC Relic, blue refractor #'d 108/125 (from box topper).  Right: Chenhao Li of China, not #'d.


Both Koreans.  Left: Dae Ho Lee, refractor #'d 067/199.  Right: Kwang-Hyun Kim, refractor #'d 104/199.


Left: Abraham Almonte yellow printing plate, 1 of 1.  Right: redemption for dual auto of Jenrry Mejia of NY Mets and Felix Doubront (sic) of Red Sox.


Left: Matt Tuiasosopo gold refractor rookie, #'d 13/50.  Right: Brian Baisley prospect refractor, #'d 175/199.

 
L: Casey McGehee (Brewers) rookie auto, not #'d.  R: Chris Tillman (Orioles) rookie auto, not #'d.  Beardy?


L: Jared Mitchell (White Sox) prospect auto, not #'d.  R: Randall Grichuk (Angels) prospect auto, not #'d.


L: Tony Sanchez (Pirates) prospect auto, not #'d.  R: AJ Pollock (D'Backs) gold refractor prospect auto, #'d 48/50.


L to R: Oscar Tejada (Red Sox) propect, Derek Holland (Rangers) refractor rookie #'d 170/199, and CJ Lee (Braves) prospect card.

I love the shiny.  This was a fun product to open, but it left me wanting more - in a good way.  I am by no means a prospector but I love getting rookie and prospect cards (especially dazzling, glossy signature cards).  Also, I really like WBC relic cards (and most other WBC cards in general).  Not sure if I'll pick up the rest of the packs from my local card shop, or if I will just buy an entire hobby box online for cheaper.  So I bought a box of 2007 Sweet Spot Classic and... I got an expired redemption for a Fred McGriff SS auto.  DX  I emailed Upper Deck so hopefully it can be worked out.  It would be a waste of money and time to not at least get a Sweet Spot auto or something equivalent.  However, I got jerseys of Al Kaline and Edgar Martinez, so that is pretty nice.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty nice breaks.
    Let me know how the SS goes, as I'm in a similar fiasco with a SS classic redemption for a Willie Horton auto.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I pulled an '07 SS Classic redemption for a Dick Allen auto #'d/15. It arrived quickly, but was still faded to all hell. If they offer you a replacement, try to get something on a bat or glove, since it seems like they don't fade like those fake-ass leather "balls" they use.

    Count me in for the Tillman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would you be looking to get back for the miggy WBC relic??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just wondering, did UD get you anything for that SS redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Swag, UD did get back to me. Check out this post: http://imballsy.blogspot.com/2010/02/curse-you-upper-deck.html

    ReplyDelete