Monday, January 25, 2010

My first through-the-mail autograph

I decided to try a TTM request out of curiosity.  Also, I just really like autograph cards!  I had a black-bordered 2009 Allen & Ginter's mini of John Higby, yo-yo champion.  He signed and returned the card quickly.  Here it is:


Groovy.

Thanks John!  You can check out Mr. Higby's website here.  Metal.

I mentioned in my previous post that I received an expired redemption for a Fred McGriff bat barrel auto from a box of 2007 Sweet Spot Classic.  So I called Upper Deck to see if I could get the stated card or at least a replacement.  The customer care agent was quite understanding but said they were out of the Fred McGriff cards.  He told me to mail in my redemption, and I would get a replacement.  On this point the agent was slightly begrudging.  Also, I was not offered a choice or preference as to my replacement card.  I really am hoping for something decent in return though.  This is the first time I've had a poor redemption experience.  If you pay hard-earned money for a product, you should at least get what you paid for (or what is promised) - fuck the legal jargon.  Come on people, quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment