2007 Bowman Sterling, Kurt Suzuki rookie auto, #'d 069/199. One of my favorite players to watch. Man's a beast.
1999 SP Signature Autographs, Johnny Damon. YES! Took long enough to find a Johnny Damon auto for my collection. They don't come cheap apparently. Most of the time I just saw his Triple Threads cards going for way too much.
2003 Bowman Chrome Draft, Hong-Chih Kuo rookie refractor. Seems like a pretty rare card, as I've only seen it for sale two or three times - few times on eBay (lost that auction and the rest are overpriced) and once on CoMC (and now you know what happened with that one). YEA!
1995 Action Packed, Derek Jeter. So this is actually from my 2nd CoMC order, but I wanted to keep the Jeter's together. I love Action Packed cards! So quirky and unique.
2008 Allen & Ginter's United States, Derek Jeter. New Jersey eh? I did not know that. Very nice retro-looking design (like late-1800's retro), had to get it. Yay Jeter!
2001 UD Legends of New York, Pee Wee Reese. I've always wanted one of these cards, with their weird felt "B"'s. Dig the clean, simple design.
Here are a selection of cards from my second CoMC order:
On left: Wei Wang, 2006 SPx All-World Team. On right: Wei Wang, 2006 Flair Showcase WBC Moments. China! Do better in baseball!
2008-09 USA Baseball, Chinese Taipei jerseys. On top: Ming-Chueh Tsai, #'d 451/279. Bottom: Yu-Chi Hsiao, #'d 247/479. You can see the other two Chinese Taipei jersey cards I have here. Might as well just try and collect all of these? I am probably distantly related to Ming-Chueh Tsai. He kind of looks like me too.
1972-73 Topps, Nate Thurmond. I love the card designs from this release. Been debating whether I should try making a set of it. So "Nate the Great" has a restaurant in San Francisco called Big Nate's BBQ; went there with a friend before a concert once. I liked it! I've been meaning to go back and try it again, but alas, I'm not around Market in SF much.
Left: 2006-07 Bowman Sterling, Steve Nash GU, not #'d. I really wanted this card because one doesn't see many orange Nash jersey swatches. Right: 1996-97 Collector's Choice Steve Nash rookie card. UD's Collector's Choice was a big part of my childhood card collecting. Ever since I started collecting again, I've been wondering if I should try and make an entire set of various late -90's Collector's Choice releases. Probably 1995-96 and 1996-97, maybe 1997-98.
Left: 1996 Score Board Rookies, Steve Nash; right: 1996-97 Flair Showcase, Class of 96, Steve Nash. More for the collection. Other Nash rookies I have: here and here.
2009-10 Panini Prestige, Stars of the NBA, Yao Ming jersey #'d 245/250. My total of Yao relic cards is now at nine. Sixteen more to go to complete my Yao Ming height collection! (To have enough Yao jersey cards to equal his actual height.)
That will do for now. Tonight is my last night of work at (big evil corporation), before I go for a trip to San Diego. Leaving tomorrow. Vacation! I definitely need one. New job starting next week. We're on the up and up. Iron Chef Battle Royale of Blood is on. I am sleepy.












Hey, stop buying all those Jeter cards!!!
ReplyDelete:) jk
Haha. Sorry. : (
ReplyDelete