2008 Topps A&G, Matt Kemp autograph. Very elegant card. I dig Kemp's signature. The card came kind of dirty and smudged. How does one clean plastic or shiny/chromed cards?
2008 UD Baseball Heroes, Chin-Lung Hu autograph-relic, #'d 48/50. Such a quirky card - I love it. I think Hu and Shin-Soo Choo are the only Asian players I've seen sign in English.
2009 Sweet Spot baseball, Brett Gardner Sweet Beginnings on-card autograph, #'d 074/699. You can see my video box breaks for 2009 Sweet Spot here. This card was not from either of the two boxes I opened, but I wanted it!
It's fuckin' Harold Baines! 2007 Sweet Spot Classic, bat barrel black-ink autograph, #'d 20/50. Apparently only available by redemption. Baines has a bad-ass signature and the card looks really cool to me. I'm thinking it's so visually appealing because of the entirely black and white color scheme and the constrast it creates. I was partially inspired by this article as well.
----------
Not sure how familiar you are with Biggmike33 from eBay but he is pretty much my favorite seller. You can check out his store here. The guy always has tons of nice cards for cheap and gives you freebies to boot. Very reasonable prices and I've purchased some of my favorite cards from Mike. Apparently Biggmike is going out of business though, so get on that. Here are some cards I got from him recently:
2006 Bowman Chrome rookies of Ching-Lung Lo and Yung-Chi Chen. The Asian invasion (of my card collection) continues!
1995 SP Premier Prospects die-cut rookie card of Hideo Nomo. One day I will have you all, Hideo Nomo rookies!
1993 Topps Gold, Derek Jeter rookie cards. I got the one on the left from Biggmike. The one on the right is my original one, which I bought at my local card shop back in August.
I have quite a few Johnny Damon minor league and rookie cards; I should post them at some point. On the right is a 1987 Topps Traded David Cone... unsure if it's a rookie, or if he had one with the Royals. It was an impulse buy.
We shall end this mail call with some basketball cards:
So I'm not positive on what this card is exactly called or what set it is from. I am guessing it is a 1994-95 Emotion X-Cited Grant Hill #X4. Shiny, spiffy looking card. Got it from Biggmike.
Last, but never least, 2007-08 SP Game Used Leandro Barbosa SIGnificance autograph, not #'d. I have two of these because I got overzealous with bidding. Still, got a good deal on both - even though I only wanted one.
I have not been able to catch any recent basketball games. They never play any Suns games in the Bay Area in any case. As far as MLB, I hope one of my teams picks up Roy Halladay - preferably the Dodgers. I would also rather the Yankees keep Damon and Matsui than to sign Holliday or Bay. I feel an A&W-induced food coma setting on...











No comments:
Post a Comment