UD Black is awesome. The Game Day cards are truly nice if they are of a player you like, especially if it depicts them crushing a team you do not like or care for much. (Sorry, the OC.)
Billy Butler! Ichiro (is sort of on this card)! Still on my UD Black wishlist, that I can think of: Alex Gordon, Akinori Iwamura, Curtis Granderson, Ryan Braun, Kurt Suzuki, Phil Hughes, and any 1 of 1 White Pack card. Boy, that's a lot.
2007 Exquisite Rookies, gold Reflections dual auto of Russell Martin and Kurt Suzuki. I think this is my first "Exquisite" baseball card. Woot. Suzuki's the man. He is also my girlfriend's favorite. Martin is also the man, and Canadian to boot. Gross, I'm massaging this huge knot on my neck. I should stop sleeping horizontally. But, I digress.
Here's a bunch of Chinese dudes...
'Cause I sure as hell wasn't going to pay $200-300 for a box of USA Baseball to get these guys. Chia-Jen Lo and Erh-Hang Hsu. Gotta catch em all. Or eat em.
2008 SP Authentic, Chin-Lung Hu jersey-auto rookie card. It is my second try getting this card because the first one came all gnarled. I guess it might be more accurate to say "...a bunch of Taiwanese dudes..." instead.
2004 Topps. Chin-Feng Chen refractor game-worn jersey, not #'d. It was unbelievably difficult to find a relic card for this guy. I am trying to get a relic or auto of all the Taiwanese players who get to the majors. It seems like Chin-Hui Tsao does not even have any relics or autographs available. Chien-Ming Wang's stuff is crazy expensive.
So Mariano's not Chinese. No one's perfect. JK all the way! ; ) Shut up. Anyhoo, I was particularly attracted to this card because of the pinstripe. Perhaps it is the way it's positioned in the cut-out. Looks dynamic. It kind of helps you ignore the ugly beige, pixelated background.
The sole basketball card...
2009-10 SP Game Used, Combo Materials dual patches of Steve Nash and Grant Hill, #'d 91/99. The Nash is a Mavericks patch and Hill's is from when he was on the Magic. The Nash patch could have been scooted down a little more because part of a letter or logo is visible if you look up the cut-out part. I think this design was just fine for jerseys, but patches should have at least a bigger window. What part of the jersey is the Hill patch from? Hm. Still, got a good deal on it, like $2.
I have another 2009 Sweet Spot Baseball box break coming up. I got another box of 2009 Topps A&G to try and complete my set but probably won't film it. I'll post the hits and/or anything cool on the blog. Other possible box breaks: Topps T-206 or 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game. WRAH!









No comments:
Post a Comment