Monday, October 4, 2010

Mail call: There's always next year... (Dodgers)

What a shite season.  At least Hong-Chih Kuo got to be closer and was awesome.  I plan on heading down to Los Angeles for some ball games next season (I wanted to do it this season, but never made it out to Dodger Stadium, even when I was in So Cal).  Here's some Dodgers cards I acquired recently:

1999 Just Minors: Rafael Furcal
1999 Just Minors, Rafael Furcal autograph.  On card!  So it's not quite a "Dodger" card, but I do what I want.

2010 Triple Threads: Andre Ethier

2010 Triple Threads, Andrew Ethier auto-relic, #'d 52/75.  On card!  Again.  I like these new version "Rising Star" cards, as they have on card signatures and nicer, more attractive designs.  The only other cards I want from this year's Triple Threads are of Trevor Cahill and perhaps Matt Kemp.  (And Whitey Ford, but prices be redikalous.)

2006 SPx: Hong-Chih Kuo
2006 SPx, Hong-Chih Kuo auto, #'d 389/999.  Sticker!  Ruined the on card streak.  Shucks.  I already have one of these, but Kuo signed this one less shorthand compared to the card I already own.  Naturally, gimme.

Here's to next season!  Shore up your bullpen and get some upgrades!  Punch the owners!

No comments:

Post a Comment