Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Massive mail call: It's massive

Too many damned cards; I'll get right to it:

2010 Topps Legends Target Cereal Gold Chrome whatever bullshit card thing, Derek Jeter.  Looks super sick.  That's all.

2009 Topps Tribute, Jorge Posada dual jersey, #'d 52/99.  Got this in a trade from my local card shop.  It's the only Tribute and/or Posada relic card I own.

2005 Prime Patches, Portraits Jumbo Swatch, Andy Pettitte #'d 016/321.  I don't know how they got such an arbitrary number as 321, but I guess all serial-numbering is pretty arbitrary to begin with.  I acquired this card because I like Pettitte and I've always wanted a jumbo jersey swatch-type card.  I was late to this hobby, see.

2007 Exquisite, Rookie Heroes Joakim Soria rookie signature, #'d 16/25.  I have this list of certain types of cards I want to acquire of certain players.  Naturally, this one fills the requirement for a Soria rookie auto.  Many things on this list are pretty random, and usually I only want that one type of card for a given player.  Once I obtain said card(s), I usually never really make a conscious effort to collect them further.

Another one of those "list" cards like I mentioned above.  2006 Bowman Heritage, Signs of Greatness, Alex Gordon on card auto.  Another off the list!

2010 Tristar Obak, Chris Carter black auto, #'d 50/50.  I was a big fan of 2009 Obak, but this is my first 2010 Obak card.  Waiting for those prices to drop.

On left: 2010 Topps Peak Performance, Gio Gonzalez autograph.  On right: Trevor Cahill autograph.  Hoping for good things next season!  (No jinx please.)

2004 Donruss Timelines, Call to the Hall, Rollie Fingers silver autograph #'d 052/100.  My second Rollie auto, the other one being a 2007 Sweet Spot Classic baseball leather signature.  I keep going back and forth on the design of this card... not sure if I truly like it or not.

Speaking of old dudes.  1996 Leaf Signature Series, Brad Ausmus auto.  Old.

2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition, Aaron Miller autograph, #'d 261/650.  Now I have you!

2009 SPx, Winning Materials triple jersey card of Hiroki Kuroda, Takashi Saito, and Hong-Chih Kuo.  I thought this was an awesome card, despite the fact that Saito is very not on the Dodgers anymore.

2004 Diamond Kings, Hong-Chih Kuo dual game used bat card, #'d 29/50.  Judging by the way this thing smells, the card has been smoking three packs of cigarettes a day for the past 6 years.

2004 Playoff Honors, Hong-Chih Kuo auto, gold signature #'d 47/50.  Kuo has all these random Donruss/Playoff autographs; I don't know that I'll be able to catch 'em all.

2008 Ballpark Collection, Hong-Chih Kuo jersey auto.  Sticker is upside-down, per usual.

Any sports card collectors who are 24 fans?  I <3 Tony Almeida.  Currently starting on Day 7.  No spoilers, please.


Oh my God, I thought that would never end.  That is probably what you are thinking too.  Guten nacht!  ("Nacht," capitalized?  Long time since I've had to use my meager German skills.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm drooling over all the Hong Chih Kuo beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope those Kuo bat pieces are from the Bat Flip Game.

    Sadly, I imagine they're not. Pretty damn awesome either way.

    ReplyDelete