Saturday, October 2, 2010

More 2010 UFC goodness

I picked up some more 2010 UFC cards on eBay.  The discrepancies in the prices of autographs in this set are interesting.  But, I assume the same rules for any other sports cards apply to MMA ones - such as individual popularity of the fighters, hype, quality of signature, how well the fighter(s) is fighting, etc... or what have you.  Here are the cards:

2010 UFC: Amir Sadollah and Randy Couture
On left: Amir Sadollah event-used octagon mat.  On right: Randy Couture mat.  Many of the numbered-parallel (i.e. Gold, Onyx version, etc.) mat cards have inferior-looking relics in them, whereas these non-numbered ones are the tits.  Oops, I realized I forgot to check the exact events these relics came from.  Too lazy to look through my boxes again.  : )

2010 UFC: Alessio Sakara
Alessio Sakara event-used octagon mat.  I am pretty sure Sakara's the only Italian in the UFC right now.  Also, he is awesome.

2010 UFC: Gabriel Gonzaga and Wanderlei Silva
Left: Gabriel Gonzaga fighter worn gear, Gold #'d 103/188.  Right: Wanderlei Silva gear, Onyx #'d 44/88.  I think Napao's gear was from his shorts - maybe when he fought Randy Couture?  Cro Cop?  The material looks familiar, like the same fabric from his cards in Topps UFC Round 2.  I would love to own an autograph card of Wandy's.  (Lost a few auctions, naturally.)

2010 UFC: Jon Fitch
Jon Fitch base card blue auto.  I bid on like 80 auto cards and this was the only one I won.  : (  Fitch is cool, though.  He looks like a caveman.  Gnarly ears, bro.
[Edit: my co-worker just pointed out that the card is in a "rookie" toploader.  The seller was just nice enough to put it into a brand new holder that happens to say "Rookie Card."  Jon Fitch is super legit and one of the top guys in his division... if you were not sure.)

So I don't know shite about (American) football, but my fantasy team is #1 in my league.  Boo yah.

No comments:

Post a Comment