Sunday, October 18, 2009

Go Dodgers! New Dodger autographs

Got some sweet autos in the mail this week...


2007 Bowman Sterling Chin-Lung Hu.  Fuck yea, super sick card.  It's shiny too!  O . o  Represent.


2005 Just Minors.  Ah, Russell Martin, Jr. ... resident ladies' man.  I really dig Just Minors designs for some reason.  They are kind of boring at times, but still visually appealing.  Empty space is a crucial design element, and I think Just Minors is pretty good at using it (for the most part).  The name and team text could be improved though.  Also, I don't know why I suddenly decided to talk about card design.  I blame insomnia.


2000 Bowman's Best.  Great player.  Fugly card.


2004 Just Minors.  Big Jon Broxton eats babies.  See?  Visually appealing, no?  Awesome use of negative space.  Simple and gets the job done - kind of like Broxton here.

My only qualm?  Guy who shipped me these could have used a penny sleeve too, instead of straight card-to-toploader.  Asshole.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize that Broxton got so fat in a hurry. I just assumed he was always fat; he must have gained 70 pounds in 5 years...!!!

    ReplyDelete