Monday, October 26, 2009

Jordan Farmar's... mother?

We are one day away from the 2009-10 NBA season! Moving on...

So apparently I sold this card on eBay...



...to Jordan Farmar's mother.  Totally bizarre.  (I got the card from this break.)

Basically, the user wins my auction and I send them an invoice - the usual stuff.  Said user asks for an address so they can pay by check, when I specifically stated "Paypal only."  At this point I am a bit miffed because I'm thinking, "Great, here comes a shitty experience and my first negative feedback."  Here's the email back-and-forth, with my internal commentary in italics:

- Buyer:
Please advise me as to where I can mail you a check. Thank You!
(No.)
- Me:
Hi. The auction terms clearly said "Paypal only." / If you are not able to pay through Paypal, please let me know.
- Buyer:
I would like to send you a check. I am Jordan Farmar's Mother, however if that is unacceptable I will sign up with paypal. You can hold my item until my check clears. Please advise!
(WTF?!  Jordan Farmar's mother?  Is this a scam?  Crazy, random claim along with payment by check... suspicious.  Also, does she mean if it is unacceptable that she is Jordan Farmar's mother, or if paying by check is unacceptable?  To the former, maybe; to the latter, fuck yes, I said Paypal only.  What is this, name-dropping on eBay?  No excuses.)
- Me:
Hi there! Apologies, I do not accept checks. Please pay through Paypal. If this is not possible, please let me know. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Paypal email:
Instant payment received

Well, glad it all worked out quite civilly and rather efficiently.  Don't name drop - doesn't make a difference to me if you're average Joe or President Obama - read the auction details and pay the right way.  Hell, I don't even like Jordan Farmar.  I was curious though.  I looked up some background info on Jordan Farmar and his mother.  Turns out the last names involved match up.

So, I sold a Jordan Farmar relic card to his own mother.  Hope you enjoy the card, Jordan Farmar's Mom!

1 comment: