Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How sick is this? First card I've ever sent for grading

It is a 1993 Pinnacle #3 autographed Joe DiMaggio card, #'d 308.  I had much difficulty finding a proper holder; it is a very oddly proportioned card.  Besides, this is like a Holy Grail card for me - another being a relic card of the Clipper himself (still looking for that one).  I always had a bunch of baseball fact books and player biographies when I was a kid, and my favorite was always a book about Joe.  I read it over and over until it rotted away.

I sent the card to SGC because they were the most appealing grading company to me.  I was also considering Beckett, GAI, and PSA.  What was most important to me - since I am not selling the card anyway - was getting a nice holder.  I chose SGC because their prices are very reasonable, their slabs look awesome, and I like their grading scale.  Apparently I have the highest grade for this particular card, judging by the population report.  As you can see from the photographs below, my card has a score of 96 (or 9 Mint).  There are also two 92s, and one each of 88 and 86.  Sick!  That is just a sweet bonus for having one of my most treasured cards slabbed, sealed, and protected.


Front.  Exciting!  Thing is so huge that it doesn't fit any of my team/graded card bags.


 Back.  Epic.

I have other cool cards that are very eligible for grading, but this might be the only one I would ever actually ship out.  I mean, this is an on card autograph by Joe DiMaggio himself!  YEA!!  Totally stoked.

Also... COME ON DODGERS GODDAMMIT.  Losing to douche bag Orlando Bloom and the Phalluses.

*Update:  Poor Kershaw... : (

*Update update:  Shit.

2 comments: