Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm back! (With a 2010 Gridiron Gear box break)

I am typing this post on my new computer... and it is about damn time.  Boo Dell!  Yay HP!

I might have written this post sooner had I not been busy playing Torchlight.  Also, I was going to put up the vintage cards from my last COMC purchase (and pick up where I left off), but these photos are already good to go. I will preface this break by saying that Panini did a great job with Gridiron Gear; the product has good value, great hits, exhibits excellent creativity and design, and is just a fun box of cards to open.

IBblog_2010GridironGear_2xinserts_AaronRodgersgoldparallelJordanShipleyRookieOrientationblue
On left: Aaron Rodgers, X gold base parallel #'d to 100.  Sweet.  On right: Jordan Shipley, Rookie Orientation rookie card #'d to 25.  For the Shipley, I have "blue" written in my notes.  There are no "blue" parallels in this set though.  Oops.  I think it is Platinum.  More like Blue-tinum.  Or Plati-blum.  Plutibum.

IBblog_2010GridironGear_GameBreakersjersey_DarrenMcFadden_087250
Darren McFadden, Gamebreakers jersey, #'d 087/250.  He is obviously Scottish.

IBblog_2010GridironGear_CrashCoursejerseys_EliManningDeMarcusWare_089250
Eli Manning and DeMarcus Ware, Crash Course dual jersey, #'d 089/250.  Every time I hear the phrase "crash course," No Leaf Clover by Metallica plays in my head.  I believe it's in the lyrics.  But then, I'm terrible with lyrics.

IBblog_2010GridironGear_JasonPierrePaulrookieauto_169299
Jason Pierre-Paul, X gold base parallel rookie auto, #'d 169/299.  Not too scrubby.

IBblog_2010GridironGear_RookieGridironGemsJumboSignatures_MontarioHardesty_147186
Man, this dude's cards are everywhere.  Montario Hardesty, Rookie Gridiron Gems jumbo jersey auto, #'d 147/186.  The autographed swatch actually slides out (there's tabs that stop it from popping out of the frame completely) so that you can see the whole thing.  Very unique!

IBblog_2010GridironGear_RookieGridironGems_TimTebowtripleprime_1050_mod
Holy.  Tim Tebow, Rookie Gridiron Gems triple prime materials, #'d 10/50.  Looks like single-color patch, football seam and leather, and jersey-patch relic.  Awesome card.

IBblog_2010GridironGear_RookieGridironGems_TimTebowtripleprime_1050_modback
Here is ye olde back side.  Speaking of Broncos, I've always wanted to try horse meat.  Is that weird?

I am hungry as tits.  What's open...?  In-N-Out?  (I swear, the In-N-Out's in So Cal taste better for some reason.)

5 comments:

  1. Nice pulls! I love that Hardesty. I've never seen a card like that before.

    In-N-Out sounds so grub right now. I'm too lazy to move though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Arno! I've got like 5 cards set aside I think you might like, for whenever we deal again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dudes.

    Joshua: I was too lazy too, and ended up not going. : (

    Greg: Awesome. We should definitely deal again soon. I have several cards in mind for you - it's just a matter of organizing them. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete