Monday, March 28, 2011

Trade with Night Owl ('bout time!)

Sorry and thanks, Mr. Night Owl.  The new laptop and Adobe Photoshop are up and running, so I can finally put up some long-simmering posts.  You can see my half of the trade at Night Owl's blog: here.

2011 Topps: Hong-Chih Kuo
The crown jewel of the trade, so to speak.  2011 Topps, Hong-Chih Kuo diamond parallel.  Greg also threw in some other 2011 Dodgers as well.

I really like the old Finest cards with the protective sticker - I'm guessing for nostalgic reasons.  However, I know many people dislike it.  The cards do look way nicer once the film is peeled off though.  Also, a sweet Nomo card I did not own.  That looks like Los Angeles in the background.  To the binders, gentlemen!

Not sure if Mr. Owl knew that Andre Ethier is my second favorite current Dodger (after Kuo, of course), but he was well represented in the trade package.  All cards I did not previously own.

I looked all around and this surprisingly appears to be my first Kirk Gibson card.  Nice, clean design.

Here are four rookie cards of three Dodgers and one - as Night Owl puts it - "traitor."  The Martin is a nice companion to my regular, not-chromed rookie of his.

Yay, old school Dodgers.  I would like to see Topps branch out beyond the usual group of Jackie Robinson, Pee Wee, Duke, and Campy though.  Let's see some Oisk, Furillo, Hodges, Newcombe, and Podres, among other greats.

Zach Lee's cards have been nearly impossible for me to obtain.  That is, until I got this sweet Bowman card of his.  Then, after this trade, I had a windfall and managed to score two different Lee autographs (will post those).  Boo yah!

Getting this mini reminded me of how far behind I am in organizing my 2010 Allen & Ginter's cards.  To be honest, I have not attempted to organize any of the base cards or inserts at all.  I might just build certain team sets and get rid of the rest.  Plus, 2010 was a stupid year in baseball.  Some stupid team from some stupid city won the stupid World Series.


Indeed I 'riked, sir.  Indeed.

(You know, I just realized... that might be my first Chan Ho Park as a Dodger card too.)

4 comments:

  1. Boo yah! Them's some nice cards I gave out! (Heh).

    Forgetting about 2010 is a pretty good idea. Stupid 2011 cards keep reminding me about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! That Kuo diamond parallel is sick! Nice pick-ups.

    ReplyDelete