
2010 Bowman Platinum, Jerry Sands refractor autograph. Sands is pretty awesome. Also, he made some sweet catches tonight. I hope he and Dee Gordon break the bigs.

2010 Topps Chrome, Jon Link rookie refractor auto, #'d 216/499.

2010 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects, Zach Lee autograph. I actually pulled this one from a pack. I credit Night Owl for bringing luck by sending me a Zach Lee card, after I had much difficulty obtaining any.

2010 Donruss Elite Extra Edition, Zach Lee, Private Signings ball leather auto #'d 028/110. This was the spoils of an eBay victory! (After I pulled the Bowman card above.) I am quite satisfied with what I have of Zach Lee cards now.

On left: 2004 Just Minors, Andre Ethier on card signature. I love Just Minors autographs! So fresh and so clean. On right: 2006 Bowman Sterling, Ethier rookie auto. Very nice!

I saw this for Buy It Now and had to buy it right then. It was around $15 (I bet Plaschke would have found it for like $7... asshole... I say that in an endearing way, of course). 2009 UD Goudey, Clayton Kershaw, Sport Royalty on card signature. A very elegant looking card.

2003 Sweet Spot Classic, Johnny Podres game-used "memorabilia." Probably a jersey swatch. I have game-used cards of Pee Wee Reese and Roy Campanella with pieces of fabric that resemble this one. Maybe pants?

2003 Topps Retired, Johnny Podres on-card signature. You may have noticed that the card is not in the sealed holder they usually come in. That is because the holder was all busted up, scratched and scuffed, and smelled of cigars. I used a knife to break off the little plastic nubs that held the holder shut. Then, voila! The card was freed. I think it's more secure in a sleeve and toploader anyway. Plus, the card had that weird Chrome-warping.
Still on my Dodgers relic and autograph wishlist: Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, Carl Furillo, and Gil Hodgers, among others.
Yay Dodgers! Yay baseball!
Yay Dodgers! Yay baseball!
Beautiful pick-ups! I've been chasing that Bowman Jerry Sands refractor autograph for a while now. I think I may need to overpay.
ReplyDeleteGO DODGERS!
Tremendous cards. I love that Kershaw.
ReplyDeleteNobody like the Dodgers.
ReplyDeleteAlright… I'm just messing around. I'm pumped for Opening Day. Good luck to your Dodgers and great cards.
Thanks guys. That's a good word... "tremendous."
ReplyDeleteBobble: Yea, I think I overpaid for that Sands. His prices are way high.