Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MAIL: Power Hour Sweet Spots

Halo: Reach is lagging like crazy, so I shall attempt to post in the meantime.  Here are cards I acquired recently:

SGU S1: Tygh Runyan
Stargate Universe, Season 1 - Tygh Runyan as... uh... auto.  This is going to be a hard set to finish.

08 Ballpark: Padres
2008 UD Ballpark Collection, Tony Gwynn and Trevor Hoffman dual jersey.  Not a Padres fan, but I definitely like them better than that other stupid California team.  Ballpark has nice cards... when the pairings make sense.

Hank Bauer
2003 UD Yankees thing, Hank Bauer autograph.  Power Hour.  Mr. Bauer fought in World War II.  He was also on the A's as a player and manager.

2006 Sweet Spot: Craig Breslow
2006 Sweet Spot, Craig Breslow rookie auto, #'d 134/150.  Probably the smartest dude in baseball.

2007 Sweet Spot Classic: Reggie Smith
2007 Sweet Spot Classic, Reggie Smith brown leather-blue ink autograph, #'d 33/75.  I love Sweet Spot cards.  One-hundred eighty points of awesome.

2008 Sweet Spot: Hong-Chih Kuo
2008 Sweet Spot, Hong-Chih Kuo red-blue stitch, red ink autograph, #'d 49/50.  The white leather ball material Upper Deck used for '06, '08, and '09 Sweet Spot are way better and higher quality than the ones from '07; the signatures definitely do not fade as fast in those years than with the 2007 cards.  I wonder what happened in that year.

Ball.

2 comments:

  1. That might be my favorite Kuo card. I love it! It's gorgeous.

    I have one of those fading Sweet Spot Reggie Smith cards. I love the card, but I don't know how much longer the auto is gonna last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Thanks. I have a few fading Sweet Spots as well. : ( Probably going to put some on eBay this weekend to free up some more storage space. Your Reggie is cool... gold stitch, gold ink?

    ReplyDelete